Our Year in Review
Our Chapter is quite proud of another successful year in Northern NJ. Below is our 2018 Chapter recap:
- Recognized as a Chapter of Distinction
- Categorized “Elm Status” by the Alumni Association, which represents the top tier of Chapters, AIGs, and Societies in the country for the 5th Year in a row
- Received the Volunteer Award for “Networking & Fellowship” for our Big Ten Networking Event Program
- Raised $22,765 for THON due to the $19,265 from the annual THON Golf Outing and $3,500 from our Chapter fundraisers
- Provided $15,000 thru our Scholarship Fund to local freshmen entering the University
- Donated boxes of school supplies to the 1st Cerebral Palsy Center of NJ
- Distributed non perishable food items to local pantries in Essex county
- Participated in community service walks that supported lung, blood, and ovarian cancer research
- Raised monies at our football watching parties in Hoboken to be allocated to our Scholarship Fund
- Joined forces with the Purdue Alumni Club of NJ & Wisconsin NJ Alumni Chapter, Maryland Northern NJ Alumni Network to co-host 2 Big Ten Networking Events
- Remembered longtime Board Member, Sonny Stoller, for his longstanding commitment & dedication to this Chapter for the past 4 decades.
These are just a sampling of the great things we have done here in Northern NJ this year. We appreciate all our alumni that volunteer their time, are dues paying members, and support our fundraising/philanthropic efforts.
Leave a comment