Our Year in Review
Our Chapter is quite proud of another successful year in Northern NJ. Below is our 2019 Chapter recap:
- Recognized as a Chapter of Distinction
- Categorized “Elm Status” by the Alumni Association, which represents the top tier of Chapters, AIGs, and Societies in the country for the 6th Year in a row
- Donated $3,500 to THON
- Provided $15,000 thru our Scholarship Fund to local freshmen entering the University
- Donated boxes of school supplies to the 1st Cerebral Palsy Center of NJ
- Distributed non perishable food items to local pantries in Bergen & Essex Counties
- Participated in community service walks that supported lung, blood, and ovarian cancer research
- Raised monies at our football watching parties in Hoboken to be allocated to our Scholarship Fund
- Joined forces with the Purdue Alumni Club of NJ & Wisconsin NJ Alumni Chapter, Maryland Northern NJ Alumni Network to co-host 2 Big Ten Networking Events
- Sponsored new events such as: PSU NNJ Night with the Yankees, Community Service Events at the Community Foodbank of NJ, THON Fundraiser with a local band.
These are just a sampling of the great things we have done here in Northern NJ this year. We appreciate all our alumni that volunteer their time, are dues paying members, and support our fundraising/philanthropic efforts.
Leave a comment