Get ready for a ‘spooktacular’ night of fun with the Alumni Association’s first-ever virtual Paint Night! All Penn Staters — expert artists and beginners — are invited to join in on Oct. 26 for a program that will combine the spirit of Halloween with the spirit of Penn State. Paint Night will be hosted by local artist Jackie Gianico on Monday, October 26th from 7 to 8:30.
See below for the types of tools and materials you’ll need, and for a little more info on the night’s host.
You will need to purchase your own supplies for this virtual Paint Night. Here is the full list of supplies you will need:
- Brushes: Our Artist recommend brushes that are flat and angled. You will need one brush that is 1/2 or 3/4 inch and one brush that is 1/4 inch.
- Click here to view an affordable option for the brushes.
- Acrylic Color Paint Set: For first time painters our artist recommends acrylic or craft acrylic for an affordable option. You will need to have black, white, red, yellow, and blue colors for the event.
- Click here to view an affordable option for the paint set.
- 11 x 14 Canvas is the recommended size, but 8×10 or 12×16 also works well.
- Click here to view an affordable option for the canvas.
- A Plate to mix the paint colors on.
- A Cup of water to clean your brushes.
- Paper Towels
- Our Artist recommends you paint on a flat surface, because the ledge of the easel can get in the way of painting the very bottom of the canvas. If you prefer to use an Easel that is also fine.
Artist – Jackie Gianico
Jackie has been living in State College since 2009, and she teaches English as a second language at the Intensive English Communication Program at Penn State.
She began teaching sip-and-paint style events in 2015 after a friend encouraged her. Jackie is a self-taught acrylic painter but will tell you Bob Ross taught her everything she knows.
To register, please click on the link below.
Leave a comment